The Liberal Democrats have launched their plan for the election. We want to Stop Brexit, Build a Brighter Future.
Stopping Brexit, will generate a Remain Bonus for the public finances because under Remain, the economy will grow faster than under Brexit, leading to higher GDP and consequently higher public sector current receipts. This adds up to £50 billion over 5 years.
This number is a fair assessment of the best available forecasts, comparing Remain to a Brexit deal scenario based on Institute for Fiscal Studies data.
The Liberal Democrats are standing up to stop Brexit and build a brighter future for the UK.
Brexit has taken far longer and cost far more than anyone said it would. But any form of Brexit will damage our jobs, our economy and our public services, starving them of vital cash as the economy struggles along.
The Liberal Democrats will stop Brexit and then use the £50bn Remain Bonus to invest in our public services.
Every vote for the Liberal Democrats is a vote to stop Brexit, build a brighter future and invest the £50bn Remain bonus in our vital public services.
Our priorities are:
- Stop Brexit - Stop Brexit and invest the £50 billion Remain Bonus in public services and tackling inequality
- Tackle the Climate Emergency - By generating 80% of our electricity from renewables by 2030 and insulating all low-income homes by 2025
- Give every child the best start in life - By recruting 20,000 more teachers as part of an extra £10 billion a year for schools
- Build a farer economy - By providing free childcare from 9 months and giving every adult £10,000 to spend on skills and training throughout their lives
- Transform our mental health services - By treating mental health with the same urgency as physical health
For more details please click here
*note the plans are being released gradually, so the site will have more details over subsequent days.